South Indian Dosa
|Bengal gram||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Poha||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sooji||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fine)|
|Udad dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Soak urad dal, bengal gram dal, rice, fenugreek seeds and sabudana overnight.
2. Grind the above mixture the next day.
3. Add Poha while grinding.
4. Add sooji to the ground paste and mix well
5. Let it ferment for about 6-8 hrs (preferably at room temperature).
6. Prepare dosa on a non stick pan. Pour a little oil and grease the pan well.
7. Right temperature of the non-stick pan can be determined by instantaneously evaporation of sprinkled water.
8. Add ladleful of the dosa batter and spread it until it creates a thin film.
9. Once it's well fried, roll the dosa from both sides.
10. Serve as and when they are made with peanut chutney.