Ragda patties Chowpatty style
|Boiled and mashed potatoes||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Bread slices||3 (For Crispiness)|
|White peas||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||2 Teaspoon|
|Pulp of dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Soak Dates In Hot Water For 1/2 An Hour, Deseed And Grind Them. Strain To Get A Smooth Paste)|
|Tamarind pulp||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jaggery/Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Green chilies||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow thin sev||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak the white peas overnight. Or if you are in hurry, soak them for 4 hours in hot water. Wash and add some salt and water. Pressure cook till soft.
2. Dip bread slices in water for just a moment and squeeze them to remove excess water. Mix them with mashed potatoes and add salt. Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them.
3. Heat a griddle. Pour some oil. Arrange the patties on the heated griddle. Turn upside down once the bottom side of patties is brown. Shallow fry all the patties till brown and crisp.
4. Chop onions and tomatoes.
5. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. add onion pieces, saute for a minute. Then add tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste and fry for some time.
6. Now add boiled peas, chili powder, salt and some water for desired consistency. cover and cook for 10 minutes. Ragda is ready.
7.Grind all the ingredients of sweet chutney with some water into a fine paste. In the same way, make spicy chutney.
8. To serve, arrange patties in a dish, pour some ragda on top. Add sweet chutney and spicy chutney.
9. Garnish with thin sev, coriander leaves, onions and crushed puris.
Tip: Bread slices are used for binding and crispness. However, You can use rice flour or corn flour.