Pressure Cooker Kerala Paal Payasam
|Raw milk||1⁄2 Liter|
|Payasam rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Pink Rice)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak rice in water one hour before making the payasam.
2. Add the soaked rice, raw unboiled milk and sugar twice that of rice into pressure cooker and cook on slow fire.
3. Once the steam rises, place weight and let it cook for half an hour.
4. Transfer the payasam to a serving bowl, sprinkle over elaichi powder and mix.
5. In a fry-pan heat ghee and roast cashew in it.
6. Spread the roasted cashew over the payasam to garnish and serve.