Indian Chana Masala
|Chana masala||25 Gram|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Whole garam masala||3 (A Few Whole Pieces)|
1. Soak chole in water overnight or to cook the same day soak them in warm water for at least 5-6hrs. Pressure cook chole. Drain the chole, reserve the liquid.
2. Chop up onion, tomatoes.
3. Heat oil in a deep saucepan and add cumin seeds and whole garam masala.
4. When the cumin seeds change color, add chopped onion to it and sauté till they are brown.
5. Add the ginger-garlic paste to it and sauté for couple of minutes.
6. Add tomatoes dry powders to it and sauté. Add salt and mix well.
7. Sauté the tomatoes till they are soft and mashed up.
8. Add the chole to the mixture and mix gently so that chole are properly coated with the mixture.
9. Add the reserved water depending on the gravy you need, check and adjust the seasoning
10. Simmer the stove and cook covered for 5-6 minutes and garnish it with cilantro leaves.
11. Serve it with bhature, puri or chapatti with sliced onion and lemon wedge by the side.
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 315 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.3%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet