Indian Chicken Biryani
|Black cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken||800 Gram (Medium Pieces)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Green cardamoms||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Flavored Rice)|
|Mace||1 Tablespoon (Javeri)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||4 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||2 Large, fried|
|Saffron color||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Yoghurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. To marinate the chicken, take the chicken pieces in a big bowl, add green chilies, mint, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves peppercorns, black cumin, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, bay leave, mace, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom, black cardamom, fried onion, oil, yogurt and mix all the ingredients well.
2. Soak the rice for 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep aside.
3. In a pan, take some water and bring it to a boil. Add oil and salt and simmer for 2 minutes. Now add the pre-soaked rice to the boiling water. Add whole cardamom for flavor.
4. Let the water come to boil and cook the rice till half done. Remove the pan from the heat, strain the water, and keep the half-cooked rice aside.
5. Take a deep dish, pour the marinated chicken, and level it up. Now take the half-cooked rice and sprinkle it on the top. Nicely spread the rice and layer it evenly.
6. Add coriander leaves, mint, fried onion, and saffron water on top. Cover the dish with a tight lid. Allow it to cook for 30 minutes on medium heat. Once it starts emanating nice aroma, increase the flame and cook it in a high heat for 5 minutes and the allow it to cook in low heat for another 15 minutes.
7. Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot.