Indian Style Chili Chicken
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Dry red chilies||5|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Ginger||1 Inch, chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed|
1) In a pan, roast the cumin, coriander, red chillies, cloves and cinnamon in 1 teaspoon oil over a medium heat.
2) Add the onions into the pan and saute for about 1 minute.
3) In a blender, blend the roasted onion-spice mixture, ginger, garlic and green chillies with a little water to make fine paste.
4) In a bowl, combine the chicken thighs with a salt, lime juice and the spice paste.
5) Cover the bowl with a plastic foil and allow the chicken thighs to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
7) In a pan, saute the marinated chicken thighs in 2 to 3 tablespoon oil.
8) Cover the pan and saute for about 15 to 20 mintues over a medium - high heat until the chicken is almost done.
9) Now stir in the tomato paste, cover the pan and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
10) Then stir in the white vinegar and mix thoroughly with the chicken.
11) Garnish the chili chicken with chillies, lime and coriander, then serve hot with any kind of bread or cooked rice.