|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken breasts||8 Small, skinned, boned and quartered|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Powdered ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Drained canned tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth/Yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Clear)|
|Ground cashew nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a three-and-one-half-quart Dutch oven or deep skillet melt half the butter. Brown the chicken about eight pieces at a time, adding the remaining butter as necessary. Remove the chicken.
2. To the pan add the onion and garlic and cook five minutes. Return the chicken to the pan.
3. Add the salt, ginger, chili, tomatoes and broth. Mix lightly, cover and cook fifteen minutes.
4. Add the nuts and coconut, cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is tender, about ten minutes longer.
5. To the cornstarch slowly add the cream, then stir into the cooking liquid. Stir constantly until the sauce returns to a boil. Simmer over low heat another five minutes. If desired, cool and refrigerate. Near serving time, bring up to room temperature. Reheat over very low heat.