Appe (South Indian Snack)
|Idli batter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mustard seeds||1 Pinch|
1. To the fermened batter, add salt and stir.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add mustard seeds, haldi, and hing.
3. Add the finely chopped chilly and onion. Fry till soft.
4. Add this to the batter. Also add coriander leaves and stir weel.
5. Heat the appe (Aebleskiver) pan (shown in image). In each depression, add 3-4 drops of oil.
6. With a small spoon, put the appe batter in each depression.
7. Cover with a lid for 5 minutes.
8. When it has risen and the top looks a bit dry, turn it over and add a few drops more of oil.
9. Let it cook again till a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean (2-3 mins.)
10. Serve hot with spicy chutney.