|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Scald 2 1/2 cups milk in top of double boiler over boiling water.
2. Combine cornmeal and the remaining 1/2 cup milk. Add to scalded milk, stirring constantly. Cook about 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in butter, molasses, salt, and ginger.
4. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Pour the 1 cup cold milk over pudding.
5. Set in a baking pan. Pour boiling water around dish to within 1 inch of top.
6. Bake, covered, at 300°F about 2 hours. Remove cover and bake an additional 1 hour.