|Coconut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow pumpkins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black eyed beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White gourd||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Roast the beans slightly.
2) Soak them in water for about 8 hrs, rinse and strain properly.
3) Soak the grated coconut in 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
4) Extract the 1st 1/2 cup of thick milk.
5) Again pour 1/2 cup of hot water in it and extract the 2nd 1/2 cup of thin milk. You may use the mixer to take out the thin milk.
6) Put the beans and chillies along with both the vegetables in a pressure cooker.
7) Add the 2nd thin coconut milk.
8) Pressure cook for 1 whistle.
9) Add the 1st thick milk blended with corn flour.
10) Sprinkle salt and simmer for sometime.
11)Keep stirring frequently.
12) Cook till the cornflour is cooked and all the ingredients combine thoroughly.
13)Finally mix coconut oil and put curry leaves.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 726 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 463.6 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.8%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 30 g59.6%
Vitamin A 790% Vitamin C 291.3%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 85.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet