|Long grain rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained|
|Milk||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Green cardamom||2 , crushed|
|Blanched almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Saffron threads||1 Pinch, soaked|
|Pistachio nuts||1 Tablespoon, skinned|
- Put the rice, milk and cardamom in a pan, bring to boil and simmer gently until the rice is soft and the grains are starting to break up. This should take about 20-25 min.
- Keep stirring occassionaly so that milk doesnt stick to the pan
- Add almonds, pistachio, saffron and raisins and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Remove the rice kheer from heat and serve either warm or chilled.
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.8 mg6.3%
Sodium 77.3 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet