Stuffed Sour Mango Pickle
|Medium mangoes||1 Kilogram (Medium Sized Fruits)|
|Mustard powder||90 Gram|
|Chili pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||30 Gram|
|Thymol seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Mustard oil||4 Cup (64 tbs) (To Cover The Mangoes As Required)|
1) Roast and grind the aniseeds, fenugreek seeds and onion seeds.
2) Give four incisions to the washed, dried and seeded mangoes keeping them joined at the bottom.
3) Make a thick paste of ground spices, red chilli pepper, salt, turmeric and mustard powder with a little oil.
4) Stuff the masala paste into the mangoes and put them in a clean jar.
5) Pour enough oil to cover them.
6) Cover the jar with a close fitting lid.
7) Keep in the sun for 4 days and shake it every other day.
8) Keep the jar for 15 days in a room until mangoes are soft.
Calories 46 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 291.1 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 0.2 g0.39%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 0.78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet