|Ghee/Oil||1 Tablespoon (To Fry)|
|Maida||500 Gram (All Purpose Flour)|
|Green cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped almond||25 Gram|
|Raisins||25 Gram (Kishmish)|
|Dried coconut||25 Gram, shredded|
|Sugar||350 Gram (Cheeni)|
• Sieve the flour.
• Mix the six tablespoons of oil with the maida.
• Using fingers, mix well so that the mixture takes the form of breadcrumbs and binds to a certain extent.
• Now add some water and knead lightly.
• Keep adding water as required and knead into a soft but tight dough.
• Set aside and cover with a damp cloth.
• Now mash the khoya and fry it in a kadhai / deep pan till light brown in color.
• Add sugar and cardamom powder into the khoya and mix well.
• Add almonds, cashews, coconut and raisins.
• Fry for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
• Allow it to cool.
• Divide the dough into small balls and roll each ball into a small round of 4 inch diameter.
• Fill half the round with the khoya mixture, fold it and seal the round, twisting the edges inwards.
• Take care that the filling does not ooze out.
• Prepare all the gujiyas and spread on a cloth.
• Heat ghee in a kadhai and deep fry the gujiyas in batches on a medium flame..
• When golden brown in colour, drain and remove.