Mushroom Rice Ring
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot bouillion/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1. Combine the rice with the water and salt and bring to a strong boil. Reduce the heat to very low, cover and cook fifteen minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the rice is dry and flaky.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
3. Chop the mushrooms and saute them in butter three minutes. Add the bouillon.
4. Combine the rice and mushroom mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon the mixture into a greased seven inch ring mold and set in a pan containing one inch hot water. Bake about thirty minutes.
6. Invert the rice on a platter and fill with two to three cups creamed fish or meat.