|Raw mangoes||375 Gram|
|Soaked chick peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Kabuli Chana)|
|Kamal kakdi||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Lotus Stems)|
|Nigella seeds||2 Teaspoon (Kalonji)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ajwain seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cut the mangoes into 25 mm or 1 inch cubes and make them dry under the sun for 4 to 6 hours.
2) Wash the chick peas thoroughly and pat them dry.
3) Wash, peel and dry the lotus stems and cut into thin roundels.
4) Make an even mixture of coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, fennel seeds, turmeric powder, ajwain, chilliflakes, salt and mustard oil.
5) Add the mango pieces, chick peas and lotus stems to the above mixture and mix well.
6) Store the mixture in an airtight glass jar and blend the whole ingredients with the back of a spoon to keep them immersed in oil.
7) Keep the jar in the sun for 4 to 5 days and shake occasionally.
8) This pickle can be stored for upto 1 year.
Calories 51 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 0.43 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 355.2 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 0.91 g1.8%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 0.9% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet