Bhindi Ajwaini Masala - Easy Side Dish For Roti/ Phulka/ Chapathi/ Naan
|Okra||300 Gram, wash, pat dry, trim the ends, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|Capsicum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into bite size pieces|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Kashmiri chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chillies||3 , slit lengthwise|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Blend tomatoes and cashews to a smooth paste, keep on a side.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a wide pan, when the oil is nice and hot, add Lady fingers followed by capsicum.
3. Fry till tender and nicely cooked.Keep them aside.
4. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a nother pan for gravy. When the oil is hot, add carom seeds/ ajwain. They should sizzle right away.
5. Add crushed ginger and garlic. Fry for few seconds.
6. Add onions and cook till golden brown. This takes four to five mins on medium heat.
7. Now add kashmiri chilli powder, garam masala powder and the ground tomato cashew paste.
8. Cook the paste with the lid until oil oozes out from thee sides.
9. Add salt, sugar, green chillies and 1 cup of water.
10. Bring the mixture to a boil and add fried lady fingers and capsicum.
11. Cook on low heat for 2 mins.
12. Serve hot with soft phulkas/ rotis, naan.Quick, creamy and flavorful Bhindi/ Okra Curry
Calories 612 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.7%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 307.8 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.5%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 68.5% Vitamin C 179.5%
Calcium 20.4% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet