Lauki Kababs Recipe | Nutritious Jain Super Tasty Baked Veg Kebabs | Easy Healthy Snacks
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and grated (Optional)|
|Grated paneer||80 Gram|
|Panko bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chana dal||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||2 Inch (Optional)|
|Curry leaves sprig||1 Bag (1 kg)|
1. Squeeze out water from bottle gourd and potato, then steam for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cooled to room temp.
2. For Masala paste : In a pan, add in the oil, follow it up with all the spices and slowly roast in low-medium flame until light golden and fragrant.
3. In a blender jar, add in a handful of coriander, green chili, ginger, a few curry leaves, all of the roasted spices and salt, amchoor and haldi. Blend down to a paste using a few drops of water if required.
4. Preheat oven to 200C with fan mode OR 220C without fan.
5. Final steps : Mix the paneer with the veggies, and begin adding a little masala paste at a time to the veggies, and mix well. Form kebabs by hands in the shape of nuggets, coat them with bread crumbs and place down in a baking tray.
6. Smear or Spray a little bit of oil in both sides of the kebabs and bake in 160C(fan mode) OR 180C(without fan) for 12 minutes, flip the kebabs and bake for another 12 minutes, finally Broil for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with your favourite dip, goes best with a creamy mild chutney..
• You can cook these kebabs in a tawa in low heat, if you desire to.
• The masala paste can less or more depending upon the size, moisture level of the lauki. Freeze the leftover and use in more kebabs like this. You can make this recipe with other veggies also like pumpkin, carrot..
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.38 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.67 mg0.22%
Sodium 207.1 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet