Prawn Masala - Prawn Or Shrimp Cooked In A Delicious Thick Gravy
|Prawns/Shrimp||600 Gram, shelled and deveined|
|Red onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), roughly chopped|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch, roughly chopped|
|Green chillies||4 Small, roughly chopped|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 , diced|
|Curry leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
- In a frying pan, heat oil and saute onions in it.
- Once it caramelizes add garlic, chilli, ginger and mix well.
- Add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric powder and saute again.
- Add tomatoes, salt and cover with lid. Cook until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Allow to cool completely and grind the mixture.
- In the same pan, add oil and once it is heated add curry leaves and mustard.
- Add prawns and cook for a minute. Flip the prawns.
- Add the ground paste and cover with lid. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, water (as needed) and mix well.
- Add pepper and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with any Indian bread or rice and enjoy!
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 492 mg164%
Sodium 1896.9 mg79%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 50 g100.5%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 123.5%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet