Did you know you can make really good buttercream icing that tastes just like Publix? This buttercream recipe is easy to make, and this holds up well to heat, so cake decorators will love this icing. It has a very buttery taste and looks beautiful.
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Meringue powder mix
1 Tablespoon (if needed)
1. In a bowl, sift the icing sugar.
2. In a mixer bowl, place the butter and shortening and cream well, until smooth.
3. While still beating add in almond and vanilla extract, butter flavoring and meringue powder.
4. Add in icing sugar little at a time and beat well after each addition.
5. Beat the icing mixture at high speed for 30 seconds, until smooth.
6. Use the Publix Buttercream Icing to decorate cake, muffins or use as desired.