1. Sieve the icing sugar into a clean bowl.
2. Gradually add the water, beating with a wooden spoon until you have the consistency that you require.
3. Add the lemon juice.
4. Cover the water icing with cling film and allow to stand for about 30 minutes to allow any air bubbles to come to the surface.
5. When required, give the water icing a gentle stir before using.
6. You can add different food colorings and flavors to your water icing to give many different finishes.
7. Be careful with food coloring and only add a little at a time.