|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water and without stirring, place over low heat and dissolve.
2) To prevent a crust from forming, dip a brush in cold water and at the syrup level, wipe around the pan to prevent a crust from forming.
3) Mix in the cream of tartar, that is dissolved in 1 teaspoon of water.
4) Cover the saucepan, raise the heat and allow to boil.
5) After 2 minutes takeoff the lid and insert a sugar thermometer in and allow to boil till it reaches 240°F.
6) Take the pan off the heat and when the bubbles subside, gradually pour the mixture on to a damp marble or laminated plastic slab.
7) Work the mix till it becomes a firm and white fondant.
8) Taking only a small piece of fondant at a time, knead with fingertips till smooth.
9) To store, pack fondant icing in an airtight jar or tin.
10) When you want to use it, add a little sugar syrup and gently warm the fondant to make a smooth cream.
11) The consistency of the icing should be easy flowing.
12) Just before serving, flavor and color with vanilla, lemon, etc.
13) Using a palette knife, spread all around cake.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.34 mg0.01%
Total Carbohydrates 0.41 g0.14%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.01% Iron 0.14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet