Banana Split With Topping
|Canned chunk pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (Reserve Syrup, 1 Can)|
|Canned dark sweet pitted cherries in heavy syrup||17 Ounce, drained (Reserve Syrup, 1 Can)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Bananas||2 , cut into 1 inch|
|Ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Serve)|
1. In 1/4 cup of the reserved syrup, blend cornstarch and set aside.
2. In a small (1-quart or 4-cup glass) microwaveable bowl, combine remaining syrup, and fruit.
3. Place in the microwave and heat on HIGH for about 7 minutes, stirring twice.
4. Stir in blended cornstarch and continue to heat at HIGH for another 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened.
5. In two dessert bowls, place a scoop of ice-cream each.
6. Top with sliced banana and pour the sauce generously over it.
7. Serve immediately.