Seven Minute Icing
|Egg white||1 , unbeaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1) In a double boiler, place all the ingredients.
2) Place the boiler over boiling water.
3) Use a beater to beat for 7 minutes.
4) Mix in 1/2 teaspoon flavoring and baking powder with the mixture.
5) Beat properly.
6) Use this icing to spread on cake.
To prepare "Chocolate Icing", add 1 1/2 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate 2 minutes before removing from heat.
To prepare "Coffee Icing", add 3 tablespoons cold boiled coffee in place of water.