1. In food processor, grind the 1 cup of pistachios until fine, but not to a paste.
2. In a medium pot, combine grounded pistachio, ½ of the cream, milk, sugar, and salt. Stir constantly and heat just to a boil.
3. Remove pot from the heat, cover and let steep for about ½ hour.
4. Strain the pistachios from the cream mixture, pressing on the nuts to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the nuts and pour liquid back into the pot.
5. In a separate medium bowl, whisk egg yolks then slowly pour in the warm cream mixture whisking to temper the egg yolks.
6. Pour the egg yolk cream mixture back into the pot, and place over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly scraping the bottom, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula.
7. Into a bowl, transfer the custard and stir in the remaining cream, vanilla and almond extract.
8. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until cold.
9. Into an ice cream maker, pour the mixture and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
10. In a chilled container, transfer the ice cream and fold in the ¾ cup pistachios. Cover and pop in freezer for an hour before serving.