How to Make Perfect Ice Cream- Strawberry Ice Cream
|Strawberries||1 Pound, with the stems off|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||5 Medium|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a baking tray, coat the strawberries with balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar and bake for 45 minutes.
3. In a pan, add whole milk, heavy cream and vanilla bean and bring to boil.
4. Once the mix boils, turn off the heat and cover with lid.
5. Seperate the yolks of the eggs and whisk the yolks in a bowl.
6. Add 1 cup of sugar and whisk until completely incorporated.
7. Put the milk and heavy cream mix back on low heat.
8. Ladle 2-3 spoonfuls of the milk mix a little at a time into the eggs. Be careful not to cook the egg.
9. Once the eggs have mixed with the milk, pour the entire mix back into the milk pan and stir continuously in an "8" pattern while on low heat.
10. Sift the cream mix and then keep stir over an ice bath until it is cool.
11. Next, cover the mix with saran wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours to 2 days.
12. Remove strawberries from oven and mash in a bowl.
13. Add corn syrup and mix and refrigerate.
14. Combine the cream and strawberries in a bowl and place in an ice cream maker to do its magic.
15. Freeze the mix for a few hours and then serve.
16. Scoop into bowls and serve as dessert.
You can make the ice cream without the ice cream maker by placing the mix in the freezer and stirring it every 15 minutes for 2 hours.