With the hot summer days, you are going to need lots of ice cream recipes to help you cool off. Here is one that utilizes the king of fruits, Mango, at its best! This really easy, Indian-style eggless Mango Ice cream recipe is an all time favorite and a flavour that never fails to please. All the goodness of the juicy mangoes in a sinfully rich and creamy kulfi. And you do not need an Ice Cream maker.
Heavy cream/Whipping cream
4 Large (or any sweet yellow mango)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (or less if the mangoes are very sweet)
1. Peel the mangoes and dice into cubes. Retain all the juices by cutting the mangoes over a bowl.
2. Combine diced mangoes and juice with 1/4 cup sugar in a blender jar.
3. Blend to make a smooth mango pulp.
3. Add ricotta cheese to the mango puree and continue to process until well blended into a smooth puree.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the heavy whipping cream. To that add the mango-ricotta puree and the remaining powdered sugar.
5. Use a spatula, whisk or large spoon to mix everything together until well blended. You can also beat the mixture with a hand blender for 2 minutes if you like.
6. Transfer the mango mixture to a freezer proof container.
7. Close container with tight fitting lid and place in the freeze overnight or for at least 10 to 12 hours.
8. Use an ice-cream scoop, dipped in warm water to scoop the ice-cream and serve in Kulfi or ice-cream bowls/coupes.
9. You can garnish with a strawberry or with diced mango
You could also put everything together in to food processor for quick results.
Adjust the sweetness suitable to your taste.
If you find it hard to blend the ricotta cheese, add a few teaspoons of whole milk to the mixture and blend.