Chocolate Frosted Ice Cream Roll
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|For chocolate frosting|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped dry roasted pistachios||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole dry roasted pistachios||1 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
2) Line the pan with paper and grease. Keep aside.
3) Add the first 4 ingredients and sift. Keep aside.
4) In a bowl, add the egg whites and beat till foamy.
5) Gradually add in the sugar and beating till soft peaks.
6) Keep aside.
7) Beat the egg yolks till thick and light yellow. Stir in the flavorings.
8) Fold in the yolk mixture into the egg white mix and gently fold in the flour mix.
9) Spread out the mix into an even layer.
10) Place in the oven for 12 minutes at 350°.
11) When done, loosen the sides and turn out onto a damp towel.
12) Peel off the waxed paper.
13) From the wide end, start rolling the cake and towel together.
14) Place seam side down on a wire rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
15) Unroll and remove towel.
16) Evenly spread the ice cream over the cake.
17) Gently roll the cake back up and carefully place seam side down on a large baking sheet.
18) Freeze till ice cream is firm.
19) To make the frosting, in a bowl, add all ingredients. Beat well till smooth.
19) Frost with chocolate frosting and freeze till serving time.
20) Garnish with pistachios and serve.