Ice Cream Petits Fours
|Ice cream/Any sherbet flavors / combination||4 Pint (4 bricks, 1 pint each)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Crystallized violets/Rose petals, lilac blossoms / mint leaves / combination||4|
1) Take a shallow baking pan and line it with waxed paper. Place the pan in the freezer and let chill.
2) Take the frozen ice cream out from the freezer, a pint at a time. Immediately, unwrap them, slice into long halves and cut each half crosswise into thirds.
3) Use a spatula to arrange the slices on the chilled baking pan.
4) Place the pan back in the freezer.
5) Allow the ice cream to freeze for about 2 hours.
6) For garnish, add whipped cream into a pastry bag with a star nozzle, leaf or a small writing tip. You may even use three different attachment together.
7) Pipe the whipped cream onto the block of ice cream.
8) Place the baking pan over a pan of ice cubes while decorating the ice cream with the crystallized flowers. This is to avoid excess melting of the ice cream.
9) Cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap. Freeze for about 2 hours till the ice cream firms up again.
10) Take the petits fours from the pan using a spatula. Arrange them over white paper baking cups.
11) Present the Ice Cream Petits Fours on chilled dessert plates.