Pineapple Mint Ice Cream
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped pineapple||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use Fresh)|
|Unsweetened pineapple juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Quart|
|Creme de menthe flavored syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water and stir well.
2) Heat over medium-high and stirring constantly allow to cook till soft ball stage (235°).
3) Take off from the heat and stir in all the other ingredients, except for the mint (if using) .
4) Transfer the mix into a freezer can of a 1-gallon hand-turned or electric freezer.
5) Freeze as per manufacturer's directions.
6) Allow to ripen for 1 hour.
7) Garnish each portion with a sprig of fresh mint.