Ice Cream Bombe
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Candied lemon peel/Orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Candied pineapple||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Quart|
|Orange sherbet||1 Pint|
|Chocolate ice cream||1 Pint|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Keep 8 cup ice cream mold or metal bowl in the freezer.
2) Make chocolate ice cream soft by placing it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3) Take the maraschino cherries, candied lemon or orange peel and candied pineapple in a bowl and mix together.
4) Put the softened ice cream into the chilled mold.
5) Make the surface smooth with a spoon and put the mold in the freezer for around 2 hours.
6) Put the orange sherbet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to make it soft.
7) Transfer the orange sherbet to the bowl and add the candied fruit mixture.
8) Place the orange sherbet over the chocolate layer in the mold.
9) keep the mold in the freezer for at least 2hours.
10) Put the softened 1 pint of chocolate ice cream into the mold. Cover the surface with of the mold with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours.
11) To unmold the bombe, you can put the mold for 5-10 seconds in a bowl filled with hot water.
12) Invert the mold onto a serving plate.
13) Before serving, decorate the bombe with rosettes of whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2649 Calories from Fat 913
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142.1%
Saturated Fat 60.7 g303.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 349 mg116.3%
Sodium 923.9 mg38.5%
Total Carbohydrates 393 g131.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.3%
Sugars 331.6 g
Protein 42 g83.9%
Vitamin A 53.3% Vitamin C 82.9%
Calcium 130.1% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet