Lemon Apricot Ice Cream
|Canned evaporated milk||10 2⁄3 Can (106.67 oz) (2 cans, 5 1/3 oz.each)|
|Instant lemon flavored pudding mix||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Canned evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 can)|
|Apricot apple baby food||23 1⁄4 Ounce, strained (3 jars, 7 3/4 oz.each)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Canned frozen lemonade concentrate||6 Ounce, thawed (1 can)|
1) Use separate freezing tray, to empty each small can of milk.
2) Place inside refrigerator to chill until fine crystals form around the edges. In case the milk is more frozen, then thaw to convert into few ice crystals.
3) Follow the package instruction to prepare the pudding, using only the 13 oz. can of evaporated milk for liquid.
4) Allow the pudding to set.
5) Combine 1/2 cup of pudding, apricot-apple pulp and corn syrup.
6) In a chilled bowl, transfer the milk from one freezing tray.
7) Quickly whip the mixture to stiff.
8) Pour in lemon juice and blend well.
9) In case the whipped milk begins to fall, place it back in the freezing tray and re-chill.
10) Add into apricot mixture.
11) If desired, add few drops of food color. For the apricot, mix 1/2 tsp red color and 1 tsp yellow, to use.
12) Use two loaf pans about 10 1/4 x 3 5/8 X 2 5/8", to pour this mixture.
13) Place inside frozen area to freeze.
14) Meanwhile prepare the second layer by mixing lemon rind, lemonade concentrate and remaining pudding mixture.
15) Whip the milk from the second freezing tray and add to the lemon mixture.
16) Pour the mixture as the second layer over the apricots layers in the pans.
17) Return to frozen area and freeze until it turns firm.
18) Slice the ice cream and serve with your choice of toppings.
Calories 931 Calories from Fat 377
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.9%
Saturated Fat 26 g129.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164 mg54.7%
Sodium 691.9 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 74.7 g
Protein 39 g77.1%
Vitamin A 45.8% Vitamin C 57.3%
Calcium 148.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet