Chocolate Ice Cream Roll
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), unsifted|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Peppermint stick ice cream||1 Quart, softened|
|Chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Line a 15 ½ x 10 ½ x 1-inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil, generously grease foil.
2. Beat well, egg yolks for3 minutes, add 1/2 cup sugar, continue to beat for another 2 minutes.
3. In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, 1/4 cup sugar, baking soda, salt and add to the egg yolk mixture.
4. Pour this mixture on jelly roll pan.
5. In a preheated oven, bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 30 minutes, until well cooked.
6. Slice of the top crust or and set aside the cake.
7. In a bowl, mix water, sugar, vanilla till sugar is dissolved.
8. Moist the cake with sugar and vanilla liquid.
9. Spread ice cream over the cake, and sprinkle chocolate chips over it.
10. Now roll the cake, length-wise like a swiss roll and chill.
11. Slice and serve chilled.
Calories 2013 Calories from Fat 779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.2%
Saturated Fat 44.1 g220.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 504.4 mg168.1%
Sodium 1087.7 mg45.3%
Total Carbohydrates 305 g101.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g43.2%
Sugars 224.8 g
Protein 35 g69.9%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 72.1% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet