Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean||1 Medium, scraped|
|Egg||6 Large, separated (use only the yolks)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the vanilla bean and remove the seeds. Keep it aside.
2. In a bowl, separate the eggs, and whisk egg yolks.
3. In a sauce pan combine milk, salt, sugar, vanilla seed, and the skin. Place it over heat until the milk becomes warm.
4. Slowly pour the milk mixture in the bowl with egg yolk. Keep whisking.
5. Pour the mixture back into the pot, and stir constantly over low heat until the custard cooks on the back of your spoon.
6. Through a strainer pour heavy cream and vanilla extract into a bowl over ice pack. Then, pour the custard in it. Stir to combine.
7. Cover the bowl, and place the bowl in refrigerator overnight or at least for 6 hours.
8. Add the cold custard in ice cream machine. When it is ready freeze it for a couple of hours in an airtight container.
9. Enjoy the ice-cream with topping of your choice.
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.9 mg65%
Sodium 117.8 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.79%
Sugars 21.6 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 0.48%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet