Gooseberry Ice Cream
|Gooseberries||1 Pound, topped, tailed|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Icing sugar||3 Ounce, sifted|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Single cream||4 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, add in the gooseberries, water and sugar. Cover and cook over low flame till the berries soften.
2) Mash the mixture through a strainer. Allow it to cool down.
3) In a bowl, add in the egg yolks. Beat till it blends well.
4) In another bowl, add in the egg whites. Beat to form stiff peaks. Fold in the egg yolks along with the icing sugar.
5) Add in the single and double cream into a bowl. Beat till thick.
6) Fold in the cream into the egg mixture along with the gooseberry puree.
7) Transfer the mixture into a rigid container. Cover with a foil. Seal, label and freeze the container.
8) Thaw the Gooseberry Ice Cream 30 minutes before serving.
9) Garnish the Ice Cream with a dollop of whipped cream on top.