Apricot Ice Cream
|Apricots||1 Pound, stoned|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, stiffly whipped|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In an ovenproof dish, add in the apricots, sugar and lemon juice. Cover and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes or till the apricots soften.
3) Let the mixture cool down slightly.
4) Mash it to a smooth puree using an electric blender.
5) Fold in the double cream into the puree. Mix well.
6) Transfer the mixture into a freezing tray or a shallow rigid container.
7) Freeze the container till it becomes thick.
8) If you want to freeze the ice cream at this stage, seal, label and put it in the freezer.
9) Garnish the Apricot Ice Cream with little pieces of apricot.
10) To thaw the frozen ice cream, keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
11) Serve as in step 9.