Praline Ice Cream
|For the praline|
|Unblanched almonds||2 Ounce|
|Raw cane granulated sugar||4 Ounce|
|For the ice cream|
|Natural vanilla essence||3 Drop (Few Drops)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint|
1) On a large double sheet of non-stick baking parchment, combine the almonds and sugar together.
2) Place the sheet in the microwave and on full power, cook for about 6 to 10 minutes, or until the sugar is melted and a brown syrup forms. Stir constantly in between. Leave the syrup for about 20 minutes, until it becomes hard.
3) Then, break this up and grind to a coarse powder.
4) In a large bowl, combine the milk and sugar.
5) On full power, cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until just warm.
6) In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla essence.
7) To the milk and sugar mix, add this and whisk well to combine.
8) On full power, cook for 1 minute.
9) Whisk again and cook for 2 minutes, whisking continuously. By now, the mix will be slightly thickened. Cover the dish and leave until cold. If overcooked, the mixture will curdle.
10) Into the cold sauce, mix in 2 tablespoons of the praline and all the cream.
11) Freeze until it starts becoming firm.
12) Then, beat thoroughly and into a mould, spoon the mix.
13) Keep in the freezer covered, until hard.
14) Keep the Praline Ice Cream at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before serving so that it turns slightly soft.