Butterscotch Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
|Butterscotch chips||6 Ounce|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Quick oatmeal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Quart|
1. Preheat oven to 350o (degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Pour 2 cups of water in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and place stainless steel bowl over the sauce pan to make a double boiler (in French it’s called bain-marie).
3. Pour butterscotch chips in stainless steel bowl, add butter and mix well - stirring occasionally. When butter and chips are melted – it will take about 10 minutes - remove from the heat.
4. Whisk all dry ingredients into a large bowl (flour, sugar, salt and oat meal).
5. Pour butterscotch mixture into the electric mixer bowl.
6. Mix 2 tablespoons of boiling water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a small bowl and add to the butterscotch mixture. Then, add 1 egg and run mixer slowly using the paddle attachment.
7. Next, add dry ingredients, slowly, until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
8. Let the cookie dough rest for a half hour.
9. Use a 1/8 cup or #30 ice cream scoop to scoop the correct portion size of cookie dough. Place dough on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Shape and press down into a 2-½ inch round cookie - spacing each about 1-1/2 inches apart.
10. Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Do not over bake - edges of cookies should be just golden brown. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and transfer cookies onto a wire rack.
11. When cookies are cool, scoop a generous portion of vanilla ice cream on the flat side (bottom) of a cookie. Place another cookie on the top of the ice cream, flat side facing the ice cream. Gently press both cookies until the ice cream reaches the edge.
12. Wrap each cookie in plastic film and put in the freezer, immediately. They will keep in freezer for few days.
13. When you serve your ice cream sandwiches, make sure to pull them out of the freezer at least 5-to-10 minutes prior to serving.
For more information please visit: http://www.easymacuisine.com
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8254 Calories from Fat 2073
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 245 g377.3%
Saturated Fat 143.4 g717%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 951.9 mg317.3%
Sodium 3053.8 mg127.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1457 g485.8%
Dietary Fiber 26.8 g107.2%
Sugars 1001.2 g
Protein 93 g185.7%
Vitamin A 162.6% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 319.6% Iron 605.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet