Chocolate Heart Ice Cream Sandwiches
|Strawberry ice cream||1⁄2 Gallon (Or Brick)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
|Nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a baking sheet lightly.
3. Using a sieve, sift together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda; keep aside.
4. In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla at medium speed until smooth and well blended.
5. Gradually add the sifted flour mixture, little at a time and beat at low speed after each addition.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Take out the dough from the refrigerator and divide into two halves.
8. On a clean surface or pastry cloth, flour lightly and roll half of the dough at a time until it is 1/8 inch thick.
9. Using a 3 1/4-inch heart-shape cookie cutter, cut out cookies.
10. With the same method, prepare cookies with rest of the dough making 40 cookie hearts.
11. Brush edges of half the cookies with egg white and sprinkle with nuts if desired.
12. Place the cookies over the cookie sheet with 2 inches space in between each.
13. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
14. Place the cookies on a rack and cool completely.
15. Take out the ice cream from the freezer and uncover from carton.
16. Using a long sharp knife, lengthwise cut ice cream into five even pieces.
17. Using the same cookie cutter, cut 2 ice cream hearts from each piece.
18. Sandwich 1 ice cream heart between 2 cookie hearts.
19. Freeze them for about 2 hours until firm.
15. Serve Chocolate Heart Ice Cream Sandwiches in a nice dessert plate.