Ginger Crinkle Ice Cream Sandwiches
|Coffee ice cream/Vanilla ice cream||1⁄2 Gallon (Or Brick)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Soft shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Light / Dark)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Water||4 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1. Using a sieve, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices; keep aside.
2. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat shortening, brown sugar and egg at medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the molasses and beat until smooth.
4. Add in the flour mixture and beat at low speed until well combined.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. In the mean time, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
8. Using your hands, roll 2 tablespoons of mixture until slightly rounded-off into balls or about 2 inches in diameter; makes 20 cookies.
9. Dip the tops in granulated sugar and place the cookie with the sugar side up.
10. Place them 4 inches apart on the greased cookie sheets.
11. Sprinkle 3 to 4 drops water on each cookie.
12. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
13. Remove the cookies to wire racks for cooling.
14. Take out the ice cream from the freezer and uncover from carton.
15. Using a long sharp knife, lengthwise cut ice cream into five even pieces.
16. Using 3 inch round cookie cutter, cut 2 ice cream rounds from each piece.
17. Sandwich 1 ice cream round between 2 Ginger crinkles.
18. Freeze them for about 2 hours until firm.
19. Wrap each Ginger Crinkle Ice Cream Sandwich in individual plastic bag or foil.
20. Return them to the freezer until served.
21. Unwrap and serve Ginger Crinkle Ice Cream Sandwiches in individual serving plates.