Oranges In Cointreau and Ginger Syrup with Vanilla Ice Cream
|Cointreau||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 ml)|
|Orange peel||1 (from 1 orange)|
|Water||7 Ounce (200 ml)|
|Ginger piece||1 Small (1 knob)|
|Castor sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Peel and pare the oranges and deseed them
2. In a large bowl, pour in Cointreau and place the orange slices in the liquor and let it steel for 20 minutes
3. Shave off thin shavings from the orange and set aside
4. Clean the ginger and bruise
5. In a large pan, tip in the water, ginger, castor sugar and let it simmer till it reaches a boil
6. Stir and reduce the mixture by a third.
7. Let cool, check the sweetness and then add the oranges to the mix.
8. Serve over vanilla ice cream, garnished with orange peel shavings.