Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
|Coffee ice cream/Ice cream brick||1⁄2 Gallon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/1 butter stick or margarine-1/2 cup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Chunk style peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease the bottom of a 15 1/2X101/2X1 inch jelly-roll pan lightly.
3. Using a sieve, sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt; keep aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat butter with peanut butter using a portable electric mixer at medium speed.
5. Gradually add sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Add egg and beat well.
7. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until well combined.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
9. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top.
10. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Shift the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes.
12. Using a sharp knife, lengthwise cut the cake into five parts.
13. Then, cut crosswise into eight pieces to make 40 bars.
14. Uncover ice cream from the carton.
15. Using a long sharp knife, crosswise cut the ice cream into 5 even slices.
16. Then cut each slice into 4 equal pieces to get 20 slices.
17. Sandwich 1 slice ice cream between 2 slices of peanut butter bars.
18. Freeze them in the refrigerator for 2 hours until they are firm.
19. Serve chilled Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches as dessert.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.7 mg7.6%
Sodium 121.7 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 5 g9.8%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.9% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet