Sherried Ice Cream Roll
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cake flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), sifted|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||To Taste|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled soft coconut macaroons||2 Cup (32 tbs) (9 macaroons)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint, softened|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Beat the egg whites till soft peaks are formed and add the ½ cup granulated sugar very gradually.
3) Beat well till stiff peaks are formed.
4) Beat the egg yolks till they are thicken and lemon-colored. Beat in the ¼ cup granulated sugar very gradually.
5) Add the vanilla. Stir.
6) Into the whites, fold the egg yolks.
7) Sift together the baking powder, cocoa, flour and salt and fold the sifted ingredients into the egg mixture.
8) In a greased and lightly floured 15 1/2x10 1/2x1-inch jelly roll pan, spread the batter evenly.
9) Bake in preheated oven till done (about 10 to 12 minutes of baking).
10) Loosen the sides of the preparation almost immediately and turn it out on a towel sprinkled with sifted confectioners-€™ sugar.
11) Roll the cake and towel together, starting at the narrow end, and cool on rack.
12) To make the Sherried Ice Cream, combine together 2 cups of soft coconut macaroon crumbles and ¼ cup of dry sherry.
12) Stir the mixture into the vanilla ice cream and add the dairy sour cream. Mix well.
13) Freeze the mixture in a freezer tray.
14) To assemble the preparation, stir the Sherried Ice Cream to soften it.
15) Unroll the jelly roll and spread it with the ice cream.
16) Roll once again and wrap in a foil. Freeze again.
17) Serve the preparation while it is still chilled. Makes a good dessert. A garnish of whipped cream can be added.