Banana Ice Cream
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fully ripe bananas||2 Medium, mashed to make 1 cup|
|Egg yolks||2 , well-beaten|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan combine 1/2 cup sugar, gelatin and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Stir in light cream over low heat till gelatin and sugar are dissolved.
3. Chill till partially set.
4. Blend in banana, yolks, lemon juice and vanilla.
5. Whip cream and fold into gelatin.
6. Beat egg whites to soft peaks and gradually add remaining sugar beating to stiff peaks.
7. Fold into banana mixture and pour into large freezer tray.
8. Freeze until firm
8. Scoop and serve in ice-cream cups.