Cantaloupe Ice Cream
|Cantaloupe balls||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Cantaloupe balls||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Divided)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), skimmed|
|Evaporated skimmed milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated low calorie sweetener with aspartame||1⁄4 Teaspoon (To Equal 2 Teaspoons Sugar)|
1) In a freezer-safe bowl, add all but 2 cantaloupe balls and milk together, cover with a plastic wrap and freeze for about 20 minutes until ice crystals begin to form, .
2) With a slotted spoon, remove the cantaloupe from milk, keep aside.
3) In a blender container, process the milk, vanilla and sweetener together.
4) With the processor running, add frozen cantaloupe balls, 1 at a time and process after each addition until the mixture is thick and smooth.
5) In two glasses, equally spoon the thick mixture, garnish each with a melon ball inserted with a mint sprig and serve immediately.