Malibu Coconut Ice
|Desiccated coconut||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Vanilla sugar||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped (300 Milliliter)|
|Malibu/Coconut-flavored liqueur||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
1. In a shallow heatproof dish, set out the desiccated coconut
2. Microwave on high uncovered for 3 minutes. Stir this mix halfway during the cooking time
3. In a large 600 ml (1 pint) measuring jug, measure water and both types of sugar and mix well
4. Microwave on MEDIUM uncovered for 2 minutes to ensure that the sugar is completely dissolved
5. Stir the mixture well
6. Then microwave on HIGH for a further 6 minutes uncovered. The mixture will form thick bubbling syrup. Ensure that you do not stir or shake the sugar syrup during this stage. The temperature of the sugar syrup should be 110Â°C (225 Â°F).
7. Cool the syrup and then add the egg yolks to the syrup
8. Whisk the mixture till it is smooth, fluffy and well mixed
9. Cool over ice
10. Fold in the double whipped cream and tip the mixture into a shallow freeze proof plastic container.
11. Cover and seal
12. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until the mixture is almost solid
13. Remove from the freezer and then add in the toasted coconut and the liqueur.
14. Mix well till completely mixed
15. Refreeze the mix until firm for 1-1/2 hours
16. Before serving, remove the container from the freezer compartment and place in the refrigerator. Alternatively, place in the microwave for 20-25 seconds and microwave on HIGH, covered.
17. Serve immediately in parfait glasses