Avocado And Orange Ice Cream
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Vanilla sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Egg yolks||3 (At Room Temperature)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Ripe avocado||1 Large, skinned, stoned and mashed|
|Grated orange rind||1|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
1. In a 600 ml (1 pint) heatproof glass measuring jug, add the water and both types of sugar
2. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes uncovered to melt the sugar
3. Mix the sugar syrup completely till it is completely smooth
4. Microwave the mixture again for 6 more minutes on HIGH till it forms thick bubbling syrup. DO NOT STIR THE SYRUP AT THIS STAGE. The temperature of the syrup should be 110Â° C (225Â° F).
5. Cool this syrup
6. Tip this syrup into the egg yolks and then whisk the mix till your egg mixture is soft and fluffy
7. Slowly fold in the whipped cream and mix well
8. Pour this mixture into shallow freeze proof plastic container.
9. Cover, seal and chill for 2-3 hours until the mixture is firm
10. Remove from the freezer and whisk in the mashed avocado, orange juice and the rind. Mix well
11. Refreeze till firm
12. Before serving, remove the container from the freezer compartment and place in the refrigerator. Alternatively, place in the microwave for 20-25 seconds and microwave on HIGH, covered.
13. Serve immediately