Rum Raisin Ice Cream
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark rum||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon (Pure)|
|Egg yolks||4 Large|
1.Pour rum onto the raisins and let soak for 30 minutes.
2.In a heavy sauce pan, add together milk, sugar, cream, and vanilla. Place over medium heat.
3.Scald the mixture and let sugar dissolve. This would take about 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
4.In a bowl, put in the egg yolks and whisk continuously. Gradually add in the hot milk mixture and blend well.
5.Into a saucepan, pour the egg and milk mixture stirring all the while.
6. Place over medium heat and let simmer until the consistency can coat the back of a spoon. This would take about 6 to 8 minutes.
7.Ensure that the mixture never boils during the whole process.
8.Take a bowl andstrain mixture into this.
9.Let cool to room temperature.
10. Strain the soaked raisins and add the rum into the custard.
11. Transfer mixture into icecream maker and freeze according to instructions of the manufacturer.
12. Just before the ice cream freezes completely, add in the raisins and freeze.
13. Serve chilled as dessert.
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 426
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.4%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.6 mg97.2%
Sodium 67.4 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 38.9% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet