|Granulated sugar||675 Gram|
|Cream of tartar||2 Pinch|
|Desiccated coconut||225 Gram|
|Pink coloring||4 Drop|
1) Use greaseproof paper to line a square tin of 7-inches.
2) In half of the water, dissolve half of the sugar and then add one pinch of cream of tartar. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil to a temperature of 238 Fahrenheit, or till some syrup when dropped in cold water forms a ball.
3) Take the mixture off the heat and add half of the coconut all at once. Stir well.
4) Pour the concoction into the prepared tin and allow to set.
5) Make another batch of coconut ice following the same steps, but when it is time to add the coconut, add a little pink coloring and stir well. Ensure that there is no overmixing.
6) Spread the mixture over the first coconut ice layer already in the tin.
7) Once cold, cut the ice in blocks and wrap it in wax paper.
8) To freeze the preparation, overwrap it in foil, seal, label and place in the freezer.
9) Thaw for about 6 hours at room temperature. Serve as preferred.