Lemon Cream Ice
|Caster sugar||225 Gram|
|Lemon juice||60 Milliliter|
|Double cream||300 Milliliter|
1) On an enamel plate, put the sugar and heat it thoroughly in an oven or under the grill.
2) In a large bowl, put the egg yolks and pour the hot sugar all over. Whisk immediately till the mixture is light and thick.
3) In a separate bowl, put the cream and lemon juice and whisk well till the cream has formed soft peaks. Fold the mixture into the egg mixture and turn the concoction into a 2-pint rigid polythene container.
4) Freeze the preparation by covering, labelling and storing in the freezer.
5) Allow the frozen preparation to stand for about 5 minutes at room temperature. Serve as preferred in small portions as the ice cream is very rich.