Strawberry Ice Cream
|Strawberries||225 Gram, hulled|
|Granulated sugar||50 Gram|
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|Evaporated milk||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), well chilled (1 Small Can)|
1) In a pan, put the strawberries along with the granulated sugar. Gently cook till the fruit is soft. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
2) Sieve to make a puree and keep aside till it is quite cold.
3) Separate the eggs and in a small bowl, put the yolks. Use a fork to blend well.
4) In a large bowl, put the whites and whisk till they are stiff. Add castor sugar, one spoon at a time, and whisk well.
5) Into the whites, whisk the egg yolks gradually and carefully.
6) In a bowl, whisk the evaporated milk till it is thick. Fold the milk into the egg mixture along with the strawberry puree.
7) Turn the concoction into a 1 ½-pint dish. Keep in the freezer for at least 4 hours or till it has set.
8) To freeze for storage, cover, label and keep in the freezer.
9) Allow the frozen preparation to stand for 5 minutes at room temperature and serve.